What is Real-Time Routing?
Beginning with LeanData version 1.568, LeanData incorporates Real-Time Routing, which drastically speeds up LeanData processing for many of your records. As LeanData processes records in your Salesforce instance, they will be tagged and routed instantaneously at the moment of the triggering event (insert or update) if possible. Records that cannot be processed in this manner will automatically fall back to asynchronous batch processing later. Once enabled, this will all happen in the background.
Please Note: Records Routed via Real-Time Routing will be modified by the User who initiated the triggering action, NOT the LeanData Integration User. Records routed by CCIO Batch Processing will be modified by the LeanData Integration User.
Benefits of Real-Time Routing
- Increased Speed to Lead. Instantaneous routing will reach reps' hands accurately and with more speed than ever before.
- Existing FlowBuilder graphs can be leveraged for instantaneous routing, including routing to territories, routing to matched Accounts, and most other routing actions
- Other Routing features like Audit Logs and Routing Insights are supported for Real-Time Routed records as well.
- Customers with larger routing volume can expect significantly reduced LeanData processing times overall, as some of the processing load will be handled instantly, reducing the number of records needing to be batched.
How it Works
When records meet your LeanData triggering conditions (entry nodes, tagging triggers), LeanData will attempt to process these records instantaneously with Real-Time Routing. For those that cannot be routed via Real-Time Routing due to processing constraints, a CCIO will be created and designated for batch processing via LeanData's continuous batch job.
Which Records will be Processed Real-Time vs Batch Processed?
Individually inserted or updated records are eligible to be processed using Real-Time Routing. Bulk insertions or updates are not supported at this time and will fall back to batch processing (CCIOs).
Which LeanData Features Support Real-Time Routing?
- All Match Nodes across all objects
- All Route Nodes across all objects, including Territory Management, Round Robin, Assign Owner, etc.
Which records will always fall back to batch processing (CCIOs)?
- Any bulk inserted/updated records.
- Records that arrive at “Create” Action Nodes, such as Create Account, Create Opportunity, Convert Lead.
- Records arrive at Duplicate Merging Nodes.
- Any actions that hit an exception or errors.
- Recursive Routing (routing that is initiated by LeanData changes)
Other Real-Time Routing Considerations
User of Record / Modified By User:
- Records qualified for Real-Time Routing will display as “Modified By” the User who triggered routing, NOT the LeanData Integration User.
- Records processed through batch processing (CCIOs) will display as “Modified By” the LeanData Integration User.
- Real-Time Routing will have no impact on your API usage.
- If a record was instantly routed, the Audit Log for the record will have an icon indicating it was routed via Real-Time Routing
Need Help? Please reach out to LeanData Support.