The Microsoft Teams Send Notification Node gives you the ability to send Notifications to your Microsoft Teams inside your FlowBuilder Graphs. Using the Microsoft Teams Send Notification Node allows you to send a notification to MS Teams from anywhere in your Graph the Node is located.
Example: Rachel is the LeanData administrator for Lighthouse Development. In their Router Flow, she uses the Microsoft Teams Send Notification at various points in the Lead Router Graph to be able to notify a rep, through MS Teams, of a hot Lead as it is being routed.
The following permissions are required to setup/enable MS Teams Notifications.
- User.Read.All: This permission is needed to find the list of users that can be message/tag in the organization.
- ChannelMessage.Send: This permission is needed to send a message in a channel.
- Chat.ReadWrite: This permission is needed to read to see if a direct message channel exists between two people. If the channel does not exist, LeanData can create a direct message channel, and also send messages on that channel using this permission.
- Group.Read.All: This permission is needed to access the endpoint: beta/groups which is used to query all of the teams that are in the organization. Customers can be a part of multiple teams - as such, LeanData needs to get all the teams in the org and query for the channels in each team.
- ChannelMember.Read.All: This permission is needed to ensure that the authorized user belongs in a channel and can send messages.
Enabling MS Teams Notifications
Before you can use the MS Teams Send Notification Node, you must enable the integration. You can locate the Integration Settings by clicking into the LeanData tab, clicking Admin to expand the menu, and then clicking Integrations.
Click on Get Started on the Microsoft Teams Integration Teams.
Please Note: You will need a Microsoft Teams Administrator to complete the setup.
Send your Redirect URI to LeanData:
- Send an email to LeanData Integration Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) containing the Redirect URI shown on the right side of this page.
- LeanData will add the redirect URI within 2 business days and send you a confirmation email once the redirect URI is added.
- Once the redirect URI has been added, a user with a Microsoft Teams Account and Salesforce Admin access must continue to Step 4.
Authorize Microsoft Teams in LeanData:
- When Step 2 is completed, the right side of the screen will display an email mapping. If you do not see the email mapping, please confirm steps 1-2 have been completed.
- Review and edit the email mapping as necessary.
Please Note: The Email in Microsoft Teams should match the email in the Salesforce User Field (most commonly: Email or Username) for LeanData to send notifications to the correct individuals.
If the email for the Salesforce User does not match the email for the Microsoft Teams user in your organization, create an email field, populate it, then select it in the field mapping on the right side of this page.
- Click the Authorize Microsoft Teams button.
Node Usage and Customization
You have a number of options to configure the node.
- Node Name
By default, the Node Name is set to Send Notification. You can change this label to anything you need. We strongly recommend giving this node a meaningful name as you may have multiple nodes with the default name of Send Notification. An example of a meaningful name is New Lead Notification.
This field is not required but we recommend adding a description to document any customizations made to the node. If someone else needs to take over the management of the flow, the description will help them to understand the goal of the customizations.
Use the Recipients section to select the recipient of the Teams Notification. To add recipients, click on the Add Recipients button.
Please Note: Until you add a recipient you will see a warning message to add Microsoft Teams recipients.
Once you click Add RecipientsYou can select multiple recipients. Recipient options include:
- New Owner - This option will send the notification to the new record owner.
- Previous Owner - This option will send the notification to the previous owner of the record.
- Additional Recipients - This option can be used to add additional recipients from the routed Lead record to the notification.
- Teams User(s) - This option will send the Teams notification to the selected Users. User(s).
- Team Channel(s) - This option will send the Teams notification to the selected Team(s) Channels.
After you select the desired recipients, and select Done, your selected recipients will be displayed in the recipients section.
The Message settings gives you the tools to send a MS Teams notification to a user or a record in Salesforce. Use the Message section to compose the MS Teams Notification.
Mention User and Channels Picklist
Use the Mention Users and Channels picklist to insert mentions of the Users and Channels. This picklist has the following options:
- Team Channel
- Teams User
- User in Field
Insert a Field Picklist
You can insert fields from the routed record. In addition to these fields, you can also insert a link to the audit log for this specific routing action, or to the audit log for every action performed on this record in LeanData. When selecting your field to insert, select either Audit Log Link or Full Audit Log Link to include the Audit Log URL in your message.
The Advanced Settings section gives you the ability to send the record to the next node of the flow as needed.
- Next Node: This option allows the record to be directed to another node in the Router Flow. This can include things like Converting the Lead into a Contact, Creating an Account, etc. You can also set this node to End of Flow. This will stop all LeanData actions at this node instead of sending it to another node.
- Configuration Error: This option provides a fallback edge to keep the record moving through the router flow even if there is a configuration error with the MS Teams integration. A best practice is to route the record to a Send Notification Node to alert the LD Admin that there is a configuration issue.
The Microsoft Teams Send Notification Node is a powerful tool for alerting your reps through Microsoft Teams Notifications of Leads being routed. Use the MS Teams Send Notification Node anywhere in your Lead Router Graphs to send out notifications as needed.
For more information on working with router flows please see our Lead Routing Guide.