In some cases, you may find that there are records that are pending LeanData action that were either accidentally initiated or no longer necessary. Rather than continue to process these records, in many cases it may make sense to delete the corresponding LeanData CCIOs using tools like Salesforce Data Loader.
Note: Data Loader is not a LeanData tool and using it will directly modify and delete records in your Salesforce instance. Please only proceed if you are familiar with using Data Loader and how it affects your Salesforce instance. If you need further assistance or guidance, please reach out to LeanData Support.
- CCIO (LeanData Continuous Clean Inserted Object)
- A custom LeanData object that stores information on records that LeanData needs to process and is used to queue pending actions for LeanData to process in its regular Continuous Clean Batch job. CCIOs are deleted when LeanData finishes processing them, but may be deleted manually to cancel pending actions.
- Data Loader
- A Salesforce tool that allows you to add, remove, or edit large quantities records in your Salesforce instance in a bulk or batch context.
When to Delete CCIOs
LeanData does not typically recommend deleting CCIOs as LeanData will continue to automatically process them and delete them as a part of its normal operation. However, there are scenarios where it may make sense to manually delete them. These include:
- The pending records were accidentally triggered and created a backlog that is delaying the processing of higher priority records.
- The pending records no longer need to be processed or should not be processed at all.
Note: Deleting CCIOs will not delete the actual record (Lead, Contact, Account, etc) that is being routed or tagged, only the corresponding object. However, deleting the CCIO means that the pending LeanData action will be cancelled.
Steps to Using Data Loader to Delete CCIOs
- Download and install Data Loader from Salesforce's setup page. Salesforce Setup > Integrations > Data Loader.
- Run Data Loader.
- Choose to Export.
- Login using Password Authentication or OAuth using your Salesforce login information.
- Select CC Inserted Object and choose where you want to save the exported CSV file.
- Input the SOQL query that applies to the CCIOs that you would like to delete. Ensure that you include the "ID" field and the field containing the record IDs that you want to delete, LeanData__Lead__c, LeanData__Contact__c, etc. If you are unsure of how to formulate the SOQL query to identify the CCIOs you wish to delete, please reach out to LeanData Support.
- Click Finish, and it will provide you with a CSV file containing your pending CCIOs.
- Back in the main Data Loader screen, choose Delete.
- Select CC Inserted Object and select your exported CSV from step 7.
- Click Create or Edit a Map to map fields to the columns in your CSV file. The only field you need to map is "id."
- Choose the directory where you want your logs to be saved.
- Click Finish and then Data Loader will delete the CCIO for every record in your CSV file.
Note: You may encounter errors stating that the records do not exist anymore. If ContinuousCleanBatch has been running while you were doing this, then there will be some CCIOs in your export that have already been processed by the time you try to delete them. You can ignore these errors.
For further assistance please reach out to LeanData Support.