There are several use cases for creating reports on LeanData’s Objects in Salesforce, such as building reports on your audit logs, reporting on time to action, even things like reporting on pending CCIOs. LeanData gives you the option to report on various LeanData Objects.
This guide is intended for Salesforce users that have experience with Salesforce Reports.
Enable Reporting for a Custom Object
The first step in building reports on LeanData is to enable reporting for a custom object.
- Click on Setup.
- In the Search Box, enter Object Manager.
- Locate the desired object, for example Log.
- Click on the object to view its Details.
- Click Edit.
- Under Optional Features click Allow Reports.
Building LD Object Reports in Salesforce
Building LD Object Reports and Dashboards is done in Salesforce's native Reports and Dashboards interface, making it as flexible and customizable as you need. In order to do this, you must first create the appropriate Report Type and include your desired fields.
Creating an Object Report Type
- Navigate to Salesforce Setup
- Search & select Report Types on the left sidebar
- Review the Salesforce Custom Report Types help text/overview then click Continue
- Click New Custom Report Type
- Under the Primary Object, select the desired LeanData Object.
- Add a Label.
- Click Tab. The cursor will move to the Report Name field. The Report Name will be autofilled.
- Add a description
- Select a Category. In this example, we selected Other Reports since we will be using this report for various objects.
- Set the Deployment Status to Deployed
- Click Next, then Save
Adding Fields to your Report Type Layout
Before creating your reports and dashboards, you will need to add your desired fields onto the Report Type Layout. After adding these fields, they can be used as filters, groups, or fields in the report output.
- Under Fields Available for Reports, click Edit Layout
- (Optional) Click Create New Section
- This step is optional as it only helps with report/field organization
- The number of sections is dependent on the number of objects you plan to use
- Create new sections for the different objects you'd like to reference
- After creating sections, find the View section on the right-hand side and click Add Fields Related via Lookup
- Select an object name, such as User, and pull in fields that will matter to your organization for reporting purposes.
- Repeat for every object.
- When you have finished adding fields from your different objects, click Save
Building Your Reports and Dashboards
- Navigate to Reports in Salesforce
- Click on New Report
- Search for the LeanData Object you'd like to use to build your report
- Start building / grouping by fields important to your organization.
- Think over how you want to group your report in order to create a visual dashboard.