LeanData Tagging, is used updating fields on a matched lead record with data from the Account record. Tagging will enable better reporting in Salesforce because you will be able to filter on previously unavailable criteria. You will also be able to report on all leads related to a specific account. Tagging will continuously monitor the Lead and Account records. If something changes on the account record, tagging will update the lead.
LeanData tagging can be triggered from the following scenarios:
- A new lead is created.
- A new account is created.
- One of LeanData’s five fuzzy matching algorithm fields (company name, email domain, website, address, phone number) is changed on a lead or account
- One of LeanData’s mapped account fields/field value is changed.
- You can view these fields in the LeanData Dashboard. Click on Matching and then select Advanced Settings and then Mapped Account Fields. A change to the Mapped Account Fields will trigger LeanData Tagging.
- A field value that is referenced in LeanData’s tagging tiebreakers is changed.
LeanData does not have the ability to trigger tagging, off of the value in a formula field being updated. The formula field stores the formula and displays the results of the formula to the user but the value of the results is not stored. The best practice for triggering off a formula field is to write the output of the formula into another field and trigger tagging off of the second field.