Many organizations that use LeanData also use enrichment software that supplements and adds data to their Salesforce records from an external source.
If you wish to use this "enriched" data to inform your routing decisions, you will need to configure LeanData to either:
- Wait for your records to be enriched before routing, or
- Initiate routing once your enrichment software finishes its updates to a record.
Note: The guide below assumes you are using enrichment with Lead Routing, but other objects can be configured in the same manner.
Set Up LeanData Routing to Wait for Enrichment of a New Record
The most common scenario in which you may want to accommodate enrichment software with LeanData is waiting for your enrichment software to complete its enrichment on a new record before proceeding through your LeanData configuration. This ensures that the enriched data will be available when LeanData evaluates it for matching and routing.
To do so, we recommend the Hold Until node.
- Add a Hold Until Node to your graph, and place it directly after your New Entry Node.
- Configure your Hold Until Node to wait for a specified time frame. Be sure to use a time frame that will allow enough time for your records to be enriched. Your time frame will depend on how quickly you anticipate your records will be enriched after they are created.
- Add a rule to your Hold Until node that will look at the specific enrichment field that you wish to wait for. You may add additional rules if you are monitoring multiple different fields, or if you have a single field that identifies when enrichment is complete, you can have the rule look at that field. Direct this edge to the next node in your routing graph where you want records to proceed after being enriched.
- Direct the Time Expired edge to the next node in your routing graph where you would like records to proceed after waiting the designated time if they are not enriched. You may also set this to End of Flow if you wish to take no further action on these records.
Initiating Routing When Existing Records Get Enriched
Sometimes enrichment does not occur in the moments after a record gets created, but later through a batch job or after some other activity. Rather than using a Hold Until node, you can also configure your Update Entry Node to initiate routing when these fields are updated.
- Open your Update Entry Node and select the option to Include the Leads below .
- Add a rule that will look at the specific enrichment field to initiate routing. You may add additional rules if you are monitoring multiple different fields. Or if you have a single field that identifies when enrichment is complete, you can have the rule look at that field. Direct this edge to the next node in your routing graph where you want records to proceed after being enriched.
- Please note that setting up an Updated Entry Node will initiate records for routing regardless of whether they have been routed before. Please set up filters accordingly if you would like to prevent records from being routed multiple times.
If you have any additional questions on how to set this up, please contact LeanData Support.